[daip] JMFIT

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 12 11:10:31 EST 2004

Jim Ulvestad writes:
 > Maybe I'm ignorant, but the HELP file for JMFIT has new
 > parameters FMAX, FPOS, and FWIDTH listed.  However, these
 > adverbs don't show up in the inputs for the task; it
 > appears that the option to decide whether or not to
 > return values has been taken out, and the values are just
 > returned in DOMAX, DOPOS, and DOWIDTH.
 >
 >  I did RUN NEWPARMS, etc., and it really
 > looks to me as though these listed parameters don't exist,
 > implying that the help file just needs fixing.
 >
 > If this is another user error, be kind to me!

FMAX et al are output adverbs, DOMAX et al are input/output adverbs.
Say OUTPUTS JMFIT instead of INPUTS JMFIT.  The return of adverbs is
never optional - it either happens or it doesn't.  Users complained
that the input adverbs were wiped out so I changed to make new output
only adverbs for the fit (hence F) values rather than over-write the
guess (hence G) adverbs.