[daip] Q: Solaris->Linux migration of AIPS data

Michael Bietenholz mbieten at yorku.ca
Mon Dec 13 16:46:26 EST 2004

  I have a large directory structure with lots of files on Solaris UFS
SCSI disks.  We are considering moving to a Linux system.  Is there an
easy way to migrate (ie. copy) this directory structure and all the
files to Linux disks?  I think I can't either a) mount the UFS disks
on the Linux system b) do a straight file copy of of the entire aips
directory because the Solaris files are big-endian and Linux is
little-endian, but maybe there is a way round this.

thanks,

      michael bietenholz