[daip] missing file

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Dec 12 17:48:02 EST 2004

Hermine Landt writes:

 >  hi,
 >
 > when I start AIPS I get the following error message:
 >
 > AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
 > AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
 >  ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
 > MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
 >
 > is this worriesome and what do I need to do?

It is not a serious error.  The messsage file for user 1 (the manager)
is used by default until you provide a user number.  The start-up
message are lost is the only consequence.  One can start aips as user
1, password AMANAGER, and then restart to be your user number and the
error will go away at least until a TIMDEST.