[daip] Problem installing AIPS (31DEC04)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 25 16:39:49 EDT 2004

I do not know why readline is not building - I will show the messages
to our local expert and see if he has an idea.

But that has nothing to do with the failure of INSTEP2.

Go to $AIPS_ROOT and look at HOSTS.LIST.  I will bet that it does not
contain the host name (FFT) and site name (FFT) and architecture (SUL)
that it should.  At the INSTEP2 stage it re-executes LOGIN.SH and it
seems at that point to lose track of the - I suspect - the SITE name.
Note that $SYSLOCAL which contains the missing PRINTENV is named
$SYSSUL/$SITE
so if you have change the site name then the hOSTS.LIST may show the
old site name while the files are under the new site name.  Fix
HOSTS.LIST and you should get through INSTEP2.  INSTEP4 will fail
unless we resolve the readline problem.