[daip] Re: AIPS installation is Fedora2

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 18 12:31:42 EDT 2004

Huang, Zhen-yuan writes:
 > Dear Dr. Greisen,
 >
 > I cannot find APLLINUX.LIS after the interrupted installation and then can't
 > change anything there. I think it may not be created. What can I do?
 >
 > If it's the problem of fedora, that may be wrong in all fedora
 > version(fedora1 & fedora2). However, my friend install AIPS in fedora1 with
 > gcc2.95 and then AIPS works! Is the cause due to new fedora2 that I used?

cd $AIPS_ROOT
soure LOGIN.CSH   (or . LOGIN.SH under bash)
$CDTST
cd 31DEC03/LINUX/INSTALL
ls -l

edit the file APLGEN.LIS - sorry I had the name wrong - to put the
minus sign in front of the line with ZSBIND.C in it

Then restart install.pl.

You have done nothing wrong except worry too much and ignore the
remark that comes out at the failure point of install.pl

grep -v "-" 31DEC03/LINUX/INSTALL/*.LIS

to see what has failed.

Eric Greisen