[daip] WCS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 5 15:15:44 EDT 2004

I have looked at the header you provided.  What software wrote it?

EQUINOX is shown as a string = 'J2000.00' while FITS declares EQUINOX
to be floating valued parameter.  Hence the problem - I guess I could
now change the default equinox to 2000 in these tasks which would help
deal with their error (unless 1950 in quotes also will appear).

The RA and Dec shown by aips are definitely the RA and Dec given in
the header CRVAL keywords.  They disagree with the CAT-RA, RA, et al
non-standard keywords also in the header by a lot (e.g. 4 arc min in
Dec which is ~700 pixels)