[daip] Re: AIPS file error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 3 11:21:03 EDT 2004

Ian Hoffman writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 >  I just started having this problem on my home machine:
 >
 > localh> IMAGR1: Task IMAGR  (release of 31DEC04) begins
 > localh> IMAGR1: ZCREAT ERROR     1 FOR W44-EF      .IMAGR .   1
 > localh> IMAGR1: OUCREA: ERROR  5 CREATING OUTPUT FILE
 > localh> IMAGR1: OUCREA: CREATING UVdata work object
 > localh> IMAGR1: OUVCLN: ERROR CLONING Input UVdata
 > localh> IMAGR1: OUVCLN: TO UVdata work object
 > localh> IMAGR1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
 > localh> IMAGR1: blue         31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       0.1  Real=       0
 >
 >  What do these errors mean? Can you tell from this what is their cause?

The ZCRET error 1 says that the file already exists.  Somehow, you
have gotten the work file created but not in your catalog file.  I
first thought to recommend the - outside AIPS - tool RECAT but that
would work only if this dangling file also has a header file.  You
need to determine which disk area the file is in and which one of the
UVDccc001.uuu; files it is.  The ccc is the catalog number and there
should be other ??Dccc???.uuu; files as well (uuu is your user
number).

The RECAT business is probably worth a try.

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH   (or . LOGIN.SH)
$CDTST
cd your data area
mv CAD000000.uuu\; CAD000000.uuu.save
RUN RECAT

and answer questions.  Have it look for catalog numbers much larger
than you think should occur.  See if
W44-EF      .IMAGR .   1
is listed as being found.  You can also re-run aips and see if it
appears.  If not you will need to find the file some other way and
delete it.