[daip] Re: Self Cal

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 3 11:07:47 EDT 2004

I would work with the output of UVLSF as a continuum uv data set.
Then I would simply use CALIB for self-cal at the beginning.  SCMAP is
pretty complicated and tricky to use.  I would also image the line
data without the continuum in it - again using the other output of
UVLSF.  If the self-cal works on the continuum, copy the SN table to
the UVLSF output line data set and apply it with IMAGR or SPLIT.

Your continuum might be strong enough for self-cal and might not.

Channel 0 is not what you want since it is affected by the HI line
emission as well as the continuum and it is better to fit a line with
a slope to the continuum rather than just a DC value (which adding up
channels will do as in the channel 0 data set).