[daip] How to define a Preview-Printer?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 20 10:47:49 EDT 2004

Volker Heesen writes:

 > I have already succesfully installed the 31dec03 version of AIPS. Could you
 > just help me with that issue: How can I define a preview printer like
 > ghostview? Up to now, only regular printer are available.

    Add to $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/PRDEVS.LIST a line such as

ghostview    PREVIEW  NONE           GNU Ghostview X-windows previewer

Exit and restart AIPS and this should be one of the printers listed.
You may select it as you start or choose it with verb PRINTER inside
AIPS.  I guess that ghostview must be in your $PATH for this to work.
I did fix some stuff in May 2003 to make this work better.