[daip] Re: Aips DDT tests.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 7 16:54:17 EDT 2004

Thomas Folkers writes:

 > Eric,
 >
 >   I have installed AIPS here on our amazingly fast Linux machine, it took
 > about 15 minutes to compile every thing, and now I want to run the DDT on
 > it.
 >
 >   I downloaded the DDT* files from the ftp site, but I haven't a clue as
 > to where in the aips directory tree to place them. Also once I have them
 > there, what do I type to get it going.

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH  (or . LOGIN.SH)
$CDTST

You should move the DDTL* files into $FITS (usually $AIPS_ROOT/FITS)
but that problem may be too small.  FTP the Y2KL* files also

In aips

RUN DDTLOAD
RUN Y2KLOAD

task 'ddt'
tcode 'read'; tmode 'm'
ddisk=1; mdisk=1; tdisk=1; iotape=1
ddtdisk='fits'
edgsk 10
terse 2
outprint 'FITS:DDTresults             (note no close quote)
inp                                     to check
tput

clrm
run ddte
tget ddt
tcode 'test'
terse = -1;
tput
inp                                     to check
clrm
run ddte

Then repeat for Y2K

Then look at the print file - te elapsed time from
    run ddt
    PRINTING MES....
is what we measure.