[daip] offset calibrator

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 2 18:16:12 EST 2004

You have already received advice.  I do not know all of it.

to deal with your situation you need to

1. Run CLCOR on the the cal source correcting its position

2. Run CALIB with DOCALIB = 2 so that the CLCOR is applied to the cal
source before any instrumental phase is found

3. Run CLCAL to transfer the SN table to CL table (now 3 I guess)

4. Then with DOCAL=2, run IMAGR on the source

Your description of using the model at the correct position in a
self-cal merges the 2 effects and treats both as instrumental phases -
so that the position correction phase of the cal source is applied to
the target source which is wrong.