[daip] Re: do me a favour

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 2 16:01:34 EST 2004

xwzheng at nju.edu.cn writes:

 > I have suffered, perhape, the error of the logical room in the aips system
 > in Linux.  The system shows the following error message when I run any task.
 >
 > AIPS 1: ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
 > AIPS 1: ZDIR: MYAREA
 > AIPS 1: ZTXMAT ERROR =      2
 >
 > I'd appreciate it very much if you'd help me to solve the problem.
 >

 > >task 'uvplt'
 > >inp
 > AIPS 1: ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
 > AIPS 1: ZDIR: MYAREA
 > AIPS 1: ZTXMAT ERROR =      2

The AIPS adverb VERSION has been given the value 'MYAREA' which is a
variable not known to your login.  Enter

VERSION = ' '

and all will be well.  The VERSION adverb implements the option of
having your own tasks for aips to run - or variations on the standard
tasks.  You probably do not need this at present.

This value MYAREA does occur in some example in the CookBook
illustrating the use of this option.