[daip] offset calibrator

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Apr 1 13:00:54 EST 2004

Hi Geoff,

Using CLCOR, you get the modified CL table which having been applied
shifts the calibrator to the actual location.

When you apply this modifyed CL table to the target source you should get
the shift of the target source on the same value.

If the target source is not very very close to the calibrator then
additionally to shift the phases will be destorted.

Something similar will happen when you use the self calibration of
the calibrator.

So:

1. CLCOR has to be applyed to the calibrator.
2. SPLAT(SPLIT) the calibrator appling the modified CL table
3. Self calibrate the calibrator
4. Copy CL table (use CLCAL to create it) from the splited data
   to the main data
5. Aply the CL table to the target source.

I may be wrong here. But Eric Greisen(our main gun) is returning tonight
and he can correct me

Leonia