[daip] Upgrade failure of AIPS (31DEC03 version)

ALI A REZVI arezvi1 at gl.umbc.edu
Tue Sep 30 16:47:37 EDT 2003

Hi,
I am upgrading our current installation of AIPS to the 31DEC03 version.
I run the install wizard and it aborts during INSTEP2.

This is what it exactly does:
INSTEP2   : Process    $AIPSUB/...
INSTEP2   : subroutines.
/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC03/SYSTEM/UNIX/MAKEAT: PRINTENV: command not found
MAKEAT    : Cannot find env. variable for /usr/local/AIPS/31DEC03/AIPS/SUB
INSTEP2   : Failure in AIPSUB.LIS
INSTEP2   : creation.
INSTEP2   : Aborts!    Tue Sep 30 16:24:04 EDT 2003
AipsWiz: Error: INSTEP2 failed, no point in proceeding.
AipsWiz: Error: Look in /usr/local/AIPS/31DEC03/LINUX/INSTALL to see
AipsWiz: Error: if you can figure out what went wrong.  There are
AipsWiz: Error: many log and list files there.  You may want to do

grep -v ^- *.LIS

AipsWiz: Error: to see what modules did not compile.

AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping.  Current settings saved in ~/.AIPSRC
AipsWiz: Abandoning ship!  Goodbye.
root at krupa>

INSTEP2.ERRS contains:
/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC03/SYSTEM/UNIX/MAKEAT: PRINTENV: command not found

Could you please help me out. Please let me know if you need any other
details.

Ali A Rezvi
WebMaster Physics & System Manager JCA
Computer Science Undergraduate