[daip] imagr help

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 5 11:00:31 EDT 2003

Lisa Harvey-Smith writes:

 > I have a problem with AIPS 'imagr' and have exhausted many channels of
 > help here at Jodrell Bank. When running IMAGR I get an error message:
 >
 > IMAGR1: Task IMAGR  (release of 31DEC03) begins
 > IMAGR1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
 > IMAGR1: ABORT!
 >
 > When I try to run the command COMPRESS I get this messsage:
 >
 > AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =     13
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE /aips/RUN/COMPdilm.1.2B8
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZTXOP2 ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 > AIPS 1: CREATE FILE?
 >
 > I have plenty of disk space and IMAGR worked earlier today, so I can't
 > work out what the problem is. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The second problem is probably simple:
  1. cd /aips
  2. ls -laF   to see what the permissions are on the RUN directory
  3. groups    to see what groups you are in to see if you have
               permssion to write in RUN.  The error message says that
               you do not have the necessary privilege.
      Usually the "aips" group has write permssion on this directory
      and aips users all belong to this group as a primary or
      secondary group.

The first one is harder - is that all that comes out?  Look over your
inputs to imagr really closely - e.g. is IN2NAME set?  If you do not
find anything - send me the inputs and put the data in a FITS file in
an anonymous ftp area where I can get to it.

Cheers,