[daip] UVPLT works after recompiling with gcc-3.2.2

Carlos De Breuck cdebreuc at eso.org
Thu Oct 30 04:55:06 EST 2003

Hi Eric,

Problem solved.

> I have fetched your UVCOP file and tried UVPLT.  It all works, from
> all sources with no calibration to selecting sources by name and
> applying calibration.  I do not know what is wrong with your
> installation - BTW I ran the test on a 3.3 compiler under RedHat 7.2.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes, I installed gcc-3.2.2, recompiled INSTEP2 and INSTEP4, and UVPLT now
works! And a quick check on TVFLG shows no problems either.
So my suspicion that my problem was due to the funky gcc-3.3 compiler
seems to be true. I don't understand why you didn't get the same error.
The only difference is that I'm running RedHat 7.3 instead of 7.2.
It also turns out that at NCRA, they are running the gcc-3.2.2, so they
never had this problem either.

Anyway, it works, and the warnings against using 3.3 can only be
reinforced.

Carlos

PS Jayaram will take action about the excess entries in the SU and FQ
tables.