[daip] aips installation problem follow-up question on xas

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 22 13:07:32 EDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:55:26 -0400 (EDT), "Min S. Yun"
   <myun at bonito.astro.umass.edu> said:

> Hi Pat,
> Silly me, I forgot to mention that I have Debian linux...  I checked
> my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ directory, and I see:

<snip>

> I don't quite see any *.h files.  Do I need to get these files from
> somewhere?

Yes; you need to "apt-get" the equivalent XFree86-devel package.  I
believe it's called "xlibs-dev".  I know little/nothing about how to use
the "apt" and "apt-get" package management tools on Debian, but I know
they're exactly analogous to the RedHat rpm tools.

A quick search on the www.debian.org site led me to this:

        <http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/xlibs-dev.html>

... assuming you're using "woody", the current stable version.

				- Pat
--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.           Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
 Home: http://goof.com/~pmurphy/    Work: http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/