[daip] aips installation problem follow-up question on xas

Min S. Yun myun at bonito.astro.umass.edu
Wed Oct 22 12:26:35 EDT 2003

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick response.  I re-created the error and here it
goes.  Basically xas.c is not compiling, and it appears to be looking
for some X11 utility files.  I am not sure where I should look for
these -- can you point me to it?  Also, I noticed that one of the
lines in my .AIPSRC file reads
"READLINE = /usr/aips/31DEC99/LINUX/LIBR/GNU/libreadline.a", and
I wonder if this should be pointing to a file in 31DEC03 directory.

At any rate, I show below the error messages I get from the xas
compiling error.

					-- Min

rm -f *.o xas XAS
/usr/bin/gcc  -D_BSD -DUSE_SHM -O2 -c xas.c
In file included from xas.c:31:
xas.h:52: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
xas.h:53: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
xas.h:54: X11/keysym.h: No such file or directory
In file included from xas.c:31:
xas.h:81: X11/extensions/XShm.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [xas.o] Error 1
AipsWiz: Error: Failed to build the XAS program.
AipsWiz: Error: This means no AIPS TV will be available.