[daip] Re: Login information _except_ password

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 20 16:18:52 EDT 2003

I have gotten aips installed.  I had to do the following:

1. Fix link edit instructions to drop readline and replace termcap
       with ncurses (the latter done everywhere else by now)
       File: $SYSLOCAL/LIBR.DAT

2. Renamed 3 files in $APLLINUX - ZPRMPT.C, ZGRLTC.C, ZGRLHI.C
       Recompiling with non-readline versions allowed AIPS.EXE to link
       edit.

3. I tried building readline with -fomit-frame-pointer which was the
       magic trick in the AIPS code itself.  Unfortunately, readline
       itself uses other system libraries which are themselves
       infected by this restFP, saveFP nastiness.  The google search
       came up with no real solution so far as I could see.  There
       were references to floating point but this is frame pointer.

Anyway I made a mandlebrot image so I know it seems to work and it is
very fast.  Just no inline editing and the like.  Maybe, as a fink and
Apple customer you can get more info on why your system is so infected
with unresolvable references.  If you do, please let me know.

Cheers,

Eric Greisen

BTW - go ahead and change the password back.