[daip] Re: AIPS XAS server

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 2 12:09:29 EDT 2003

Wells,Shannon writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > These are the error messages that were generated when I typed make.  Also, can you tell me how to reduce the number of tapes drives to one because we only have one DAT drive.

   The file $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/TPDEVS.LIST defines the tape drives and
should have a lot of pre-cursor comments to tell you how it is
constructed.  Just edit that.

 > [aips at GALILEO XAS]$ make
 > /usr/bin/gcc  -D_BSD -DUSE_SHM -O2 -c xas.c
 > In file included from xas.c:31:
 > xas.h:52:22: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
 > xas.h:53:23: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
 > xas.h:54:24: X11/keysym.h: No such file or directory
 > xas.h:81:33: X11/extensions/XShm.h: No such file or directory

XAS.SHR assumes that in /usr/include there is a directory X11 which is
usually a link to somewhere else

in /usr/include we have

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           20 Feb  3  2002 X11 -> ../X11R6/include/X11/

and that directory has

primate<437>$ ls
ap_keysym.h   extensions/   ObjectP.h     Sunkeysym.h  Xcms.h        Xlibint.h  Xprotostr.h
bitmaps/      fonts/        PEX5/         Vendor.h     Xdefs.h       Xlocale.h  Xresource.h
Composite.h   HPkeysym.h    pixmaps/      VendorP.h    Xdmcp.h       Xmd.h      Xthreads.h
CompositeP.h  ICE/          PM/           X10.h        XF86keysym.h  Xmu/       Xutil.h
ConstrainP.h  Intrinsic.h   RectObj.h     Xalloca.h    Xft/          Xosdefs.h  XWDFile.h
Constraint.h  IntrinsicP.h  RectObjP.h    Xarch.h      Xfuncproto.h  Xos.h
Core.h        keysymdef.h   Shell.h       Xatom.h      Xfuncs.h      Xos_r.h
CoreP.h       keysym.h      ShellP.h      Xauth.h      X.h           xpm.h
cursorfont.h  magick/       SM/           Xaw/         XKBlib.h      Xpoll.h
DECkeysym.h   Object.h      StringDefs.h  Xaw3d/       Xlib.h        Xproto.h

Perhaps the rpc for X11 has not been fully installed.