[daip] (no subject)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 6 10:29:01 EST 2003

Please always type a clear subject to your e-mails.  We get hundreds
of spams and virus's every day and your message could easily be
deleted without being read.

Svetlana Jorstad writes:
 > I had a problem with a disk where my home directory is located.
 > I restored the disk and home directory and everything seems to be
 > o'kay. However, when I start AIPS which is located on another disk
 > then my home directory and should not be affected (all AIPS setenvs
 > seem to be set up), I can not get
 > any task running because I have AIPS ERROR:
 > AIPS 1: UNABLE TO CREATE ADVERB SAVE FILE.  IER=      4

Unfortunately, the code that eventually issues this message has
blocked earlier messages (otherwise you would get an already exists
message on every GO).  I should fix this actually...

But error 4 is a generic "other" on file creation which could be from
permission to create a file being denied.  It could also be from a
failure of file locking.  Are statd and lockd daemon processes running
on your computer or has one of them died?