[daip] Re: FW: LWPLA after AIPS midnight job

Andy Biggs biggs at jive.nl
Wed May 14 08:30:28 EDT 2003

Hi.

We heard from Eric last week in reply to a problem we were having with
LWPLA in AIPS, on the Suns only. At the minute it is impossible to make a
Postscript file on the Suns here at JIVE. LWPLA was working okay, apart
from the fact that the bounding boxes were wrong. I tried different
variations of the dparms in LWPLA e.g. paper size, orientation and always
got the wrong bounding box. On the Linux machines we had no problem in
this regard.

I then asked Hiroshi, our AIPS manager, to run the midnight job in case
this might solve the problem. What has happened now is that LWPLA will not
even make a Postscript file, complaining about the OMFILE parameter:

>  > juw14.> LWPLA1: Task LWPLA  (release of 31DEC03) begins
>  > juw14.> LWPLA1: No clipping or scaling applied to grey scale pixels
>  > juw14.> LWPLA1: ZFULLN: LOGICAL NAME REQUIRED, FILE='OFMFIL:    ?
>  > juw14.> LWPLA1: Appears to have ended successfully
>  > juw14.> LWPLA1: juw14        31DEC03 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Eric suggested that this because OMFILE was set to some value, but this is
not the case as I have made sure that OMFILE=''. Again the problem is not
present on the Linux machines.

Regards,

Andy

|        Dr Andy Biggs  - Support Scientist        |
|        Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe        |
| Postbus 2         | Tel:       +31 (0)521 596517 |
| 7990 AA Dwingeloo | Fax:       +31 (0)521 596539 |
| The Netherlands   | Internet: www.jive.nl/~biggs |