[daip] Re: help on AIPS tasks

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon May 5 11:47:27 EDT 2003

Ming Zhu writes:

 > (1) How to output an aips datacube (like HI map, 3-dimention)
 > to an ascii file? Also can I input an ascii file into a datacube?

ASCII files are simply not used - in fact I have no idea what you are
really asking for here.  The task PRTIM will make a printer
representation of an image with as many digits as you like and that
printer file may be kept as an ascii file rather than printed.

The paraform task CANDY would often be modified to read data from an
ASCII file and make an aips cube.  I think that the code - as
distributed - will not do anything of use.  It is meant to be locally
modified to match the formats you are using etc.

 > (2) I was trying to make a grid spectra map using the task PLCUB, but it always
 > show the grid lines when displaying the spectra. How can I remove the grid line?

Did you try LTYPE and APARM(3) values such as 1 or 2?