[daip] recent install of 31DEC03- help with TV LOCK

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Mar 17 17:19:51 EST 2003

Grant R. Denn writes:

 > I'm running Linux RH 7.2 with the 31 DEC 03 release. <br>
 > This is on a workstation. I can't seem to get the TV to<br>
 > work. It installed correctly. I put the requisite lines in <br>
 > my /etc/services file. <br>

 > The only thing I can think of is that it is looking for <br>
 > JONO and finding jono and not realizing the two are the<br>
 > same. Any suggestions? Thanks- Grant Denn<br>
 >   <pre wrap="">tvlod
 >   </pre>
 >   <pre wrap=""><!---->ZSSSL2: jono: UNKNOWN HOST
 > AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
 > AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
 > AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
 > AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

What does your computer return on a "uname -n" ?

AIPS thinks a gethostbyname call should produce jono.  If you have
named your computer with uppercase letters, I think aips will have
problems.  Try renaming it in lower case (as almost everyone does).

You could try the command line option "tv=local" so long as you do not
need more than one computer to communicate with your TV, message
server, and TEKserver.  Remote tape will not work if gethostbyname
does not work.