[daip] Re: Help required (fwd)

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 6 11:42:19 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:29:25 +0530 (IST), "R.Ramesh" <ramesh at iiap.ernet.in> said:

> I am forwarding a message sent by me to "aipsmail", few days back. Since
> there wasn't any reply, I am contacting you for the same. I shall be
> grateful if you could kindly help solving the problem.

I'm no longer in the AIPS group.  But I can point you in the right
direction on these issues.

> I tried to install and run 31dec02 version of AIPS
> in my LINUX PC running redhat 7.2

> The TV server isn't coming on and the following is the
> message I am getting. I shall appreciate for your kind
> help in this regard.

<snip>

See <http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/aipsmgr/index.html#16bits>.

> ZVTPO3: tcp/aipsmt0 is not a service
> ZVTPO3: check /etc/services or NIS map!

See <http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/aipsmgr/index.html> under the heading
"Problems with the TV, message, TEK and tape servers".  Not having TPMON1
running only affects the ability of other computers' AIPS systems from
accessing your FITS disk area.  If you don't want to let other computers
access this area via FITLD/FITTP, and the same holds true for any local
tape drives, then start AIPS with "aips tpok" (see HELP AIPS).

Hope this helps.

				- Pat
--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.              Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
 Home: http://goof.com/~pmurphy/     Work: http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/