[daip] DOBAND=1 looses channels 1, N

Michael Bietenholz michael at polaris.phys.yorku.ca
Mon Jul 21 09:53:02 EDT 2003

   LISTR, UVPLT, SPLAT and presumably many others seem to loose the
first and last channels in an IF when DOBAND=1, ie. for 8 channels/IF,
setting DOBAND=1 causes channels 1 and 8 to be flagged.  As far as I
can tell, my BP table has useful values for all 8 channels, and there
doesn't seem to be a weight per channel in the BP table so I don't
think the BP table should be flagging anything (same thing happens
with a 16-channel data set, ie. channels 1 and 16 dissappear).

   Now I know the end channels are usually a bit flakey, but is this
supposed to happen?

(31DEC03 AIPS; LINUX and SUL)

           thanks,        michael bietenholz