[daip] CALIB with model

Olaf Wucknitz olaf at astro.physik.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jul 14 15:34:40 EDT 2003

Hello,

sorry to bother you again. I have a problem with CALIB when using a CC
model. The HELP page says:

             For a multi-source file, the flux of the clean components
             selected for the model are summed and scaled to the source
             flux found in the SU table.  If that flux is zero, no
             sacling is done.

Since I experienced strange effects with modelled calibrators, I tried
to SETJY the flux of the primary to different values before running
CALIB and found that the final GETJY values obtained for secondary
calibrators did not change at all. This seems to indicate that the
model flux is not scaled at all but left as it is in the CC table.

I have a similar effect when using models for secondary calibrators.
The final GETJY value is always very close to the initial SETJY value
of the secondary. This would also be explained by the fact that the CC
model of the secondary is not scaled. Because its total flux is close
to the one in my data, GETJY scales by only very small amounts and
thus does not change the flux of the secondary very much.

Maybe I misinterpreted the help file. If so, is there any source of
more detailed information about what the calibration task actually do
to the data?

Best regards,
Olaf
--