[daip] Linux AIPS installation problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Jul 14 13:01:24 EDT 2003

Jim Higdon writes:

 > 	I am trying to install 31DEC03 AIPA on my Linux (ver. 7.3) laptop.
 > The installation script is easy and the accompanying instructions seem
 > clear enough.  Still, when I try to "make XAS" towards the end of the
 > installation, I get the following error messages:
 >
 > make: c: command not found
 >       [image.o] error 127
 >
 > and
 >
 >       xas.o  :command not found.
 >
 > and I am told that AIPS will not have a TV. I followed the instructions
 > (or I thought I did) in the install instructions, inlcuding loading the
 > 2.95.3 gnu compiler.
 >

 > Does this error sound familiar and can you suggest a fix?

It sounds as if the advanced page with details on the C and F77
compilers got a bit messed up.  Take a look in your home area at

      ~/.AIPSRC

which should have some details.

Then

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH   (or . LOGIN.SH)
$CDTST
cd $YSERV/XAS
make

and see what happens - it may repeat the "c" as a C compiler.  It
should be the path to your 2.95.3 gcc.

You did not say what happened after xas failed.  If any of tis is
unclear send me back what you find.