[daip] Re: AIPS 31DEC02

Eric Greisen egreisen at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Jul 14 11:22:38 EDT 2003

The errors in aips install boil down to

f771: ../../src/gcc/f/com.c:13449: finish_decl: Assertion `((decl)->decl.initial) == (tree) ((void *)0)' failed.
/root/AIPS/31DEC02/LINUX/PREP/UVDATA.f: In subroutine `uvread':
/root/AIPS/31DEC02/LINUX/PREP/UVDATA.f:2012: internal compiler error: Aborted
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

Seems to be what has gone wrong in compiling the routines in $APLOOP.
They are characterized by the presence of multiple subroutines in one
file as opposed to only one.  But all tasks to be compiled and linked
later also have this characteristic.

But all this says - and I cannot help you further - is that your
compiler is not working.  I find that odd since I have used all
versions more or less of the GNU compiler for testing and all have
worked.  Some have failed to produce correct optimised code in a few
cases but they did not abort during compilation.

Also 2.95.3 installed fine everywhere except on Mac OS/X.  I will see
if I can tell anything from what you sent - which did not unpack yet -
but I know little about the compilers other than what the aips web
page says.