[daip] HELP - AIPS 31DEC03

Eric Greisen egreisen at aoc.nrao.edu
Sun Jul 13 14:07:34 EDT 2003

Dharam Vir Lal writes:

 > I missed setting "AP Size to 20 MB", at Screen 10: Advanced Settings !
 > ----------------------
 > Current settings of advanced parameters:
 >
 >     AP Size (MB): 5 (for your memory size 127792 KB, use 20 MB)
 > ----------------------

    How much memory do you have?  It will work fine with the setting
you ended up using.

 >  "ZMSGOP: VOLUME  1 FOR FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND"

    Start aips and enter user 1 with password AMANAGER and this will
go away.  It is annoying but not serious.

 > AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA02
 > AIPS 1: THIS MEANS THE TIMDEST LIMIT IS SET TO VALUE IN SP FILE OR 14.0

     Edit the $NET0/NETSP ($AIPS_ROOT/DA00/NETSP) file and add lines
for all disk drives in DADEVS.LIST to get rid of these messages.

 >  here, nothing seems to be working "UCAT" etc ...

     What does it say?  There should be no data on the disks until you
load some with UVLOD or FITLD.