[daip] question re. FILLM and shadowed data

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jan 10 16:22:27 EST 2003

Data Analysts writes:

 > Shadowing of some antennas is a problem for the recent experiment AB1039
 > (and also the currently running AL557 I think). When FILLM is run to drop
 > shadowed data, does it calculate shadowing only for the antennas within
 > the subarray?
 > Or does it also look for shadowing caused by antennas from the other
 > subarray(s)? If not, is there a way to automatically flag all
 > shadowed data?

It depends some on which version of FILLM is used.  Modern FILLMs
(31DEC02 and 31DEC03) use all antennas when you do not specify the
adverb CPARM(4) - leave it 0 or 25.  In this case, there is an on-line
flag that allows us to use all antennas.  Otherwise, FILLM only knows
about antennas in the subarray and hence only computes other shadowing
limits for them, ignoring antennas in the other subarrays.  This
appears in the explain of FILLM in some detail.