[daip] problem with aips .....

vmigenes vmigenes at lynx.astro.ugto.mx
Thu Jan 9 12:23:51 EST 2003

Hi,

	I just started getting this error message when I start aips on my
	SUN Ultra-10 Worskstation.  It seems to complain of the shared
	memory: no space left on device. Aips was running OK one minute and
	when I re-started it again a few minutes later the message came up.
	What device is it talking about?

	I appreciate your help with this ......

	Thanks!!

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 1]:
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the HP2100 Postscript
START_AIPS:  - system name hp, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /space/home/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST)
   Disk 1 (1) is /space/home/aips/DATA/LYNX_1
   Disk 2 (2) is /space/home/aips/DATA/LYNX_2

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is DAT on LYNX
   Tape 2 is REMOTE
   Tape 3 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: You seem to be at a workstation called lynx
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TV servers on lynx asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - with Internet Sockets...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on LYNX asynchronously...
Starting up 15OCT99 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 15OCT99) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host lynx, user vmigenes
XASERVERS: Start XAS on lynx, DISPLAY :0.0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on lynx, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: Using screen width height 1142 800, max grey level 196
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
Shared memory id failure: No space left on device
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on lynx, DISPLAY :0.0
352
AIPS 1:                          15OCT99 AIPS:
AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: Recovered POPS environment from last exit

cheers,

Vic.

+- Dr. Victor Migenes                  Telephone: +52 (473) 732-9607 -+
|  University of Guanajuato            Facsimile: +52 (473) 732-0253  |
|  Department of Astronomy                                            |
|  Apdo. Postal 144                                                   |
|  Guanajuato, CP36000                                                |
|  Mexico                                                             |
+- email: vmigenes at astro.ugto.mx                                     -+