[daip] UVMOD missing

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 25 10:16:47 EST 2003

Larry Maddox writes:
 > i have the 31DEC03 distribution of aips and i update it on a weekly basis.
 > i am working on a data set in which i would like to use UVMOD to remove a
 > strong point source for getting to lower level emission.
 >
 > i get the explain and help files for UVMOD, and i can enter the inputs,
 > but when i try to run it, i get the following message:
 >
 > AIPS 1: Found in Version=NEW

    When one has both 31DEC02 and 31DEC03 NEW is usually 31DEC02 -
what have you set up here?  You are clearly running a version other
than NEW for AIPS (otherwise this message would be supressed).

 > AIPS 1: ZACTV8: TASK UVMOD  DOES NOT EXIST IN
 > AIPS 1: ZACTV8: VERSION = NEW
 >
 > i looked in the executables directory and there is no UVMOD.EXE.
 >
 > i have also tried this in vers ''.
 >
 > i copied the 31DEC02 version of UVMOD.EXE and it runs, but i am wondering
 > how it was that i did not get the program?

No reason that I can think of.  Try COMLNK $APGNOT/UVMOD (you may have
to dot LOGIN.SH or source LOGIN.CSH and then say $CDTST).