[daip] Re: COMPRESS, RUN NEWPARM in AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Feb 13 10:56:19 EST 2003

Hiroshi IMAI writes:
 > Dear Eric,
 >
 > I would like to ask how to recover problems concerning about COMPRESS or
 > RUN NEWPAEM in AIPS. I made the midnight job a couple of weeks ago.
 > After that period, we found several new adverbs (NCHAV in SPLIT,
 > DODARK, DOCOLOR in SNPLT, PLCOLORS, DARKLINE in ???),
 > which could not be recognized in the previous situation in AIPS.
 > Some old adverbs seem to be exchanged to these new adverbs.
 > Following the instructions, I tried both of COMPRESS and RUN NEWPARM.
 > However, only RUN NEWPARM did work but was invalid soon after typing
 > RESTORE 0. We will soon updata the AIPS to 31DEC03, but still need the
 > older version in some reasons. Therefore, I would like to ask how to
 > use the older version of AIPS tasks after adding the new adverbs or
 > exchanging the adverbs. Expecially I wish to understand why COMPRESS
 > does not work any more.

When the MNJ ran, it sent an e-mail with explicit instructions
concerning this situation.  The vocabulary has changed and so the aips
manager of the site must run a program to update the basic files which
are used by a RESTORE 0.  To repeat the instructions:

      RUN POPSGN
      0 POPSDAT TST
      <cr>

The 3rd line is simply a carriage-return or enter when you get the >
prompt.