[daip] Re: [HelpDesk #7037] UVGLU (fwd)

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Feb 4 11:59:12 EST 2003

UVGLU is for the case where a correlator can only do some of the
channels at a time.  It is for two "perfectly matched" data sets where
the first contains channels 1-N of a full data set and the second
contains channels N+1-M of that data set.

The situation you have is very much more complicated.  The UVCOP/DBCON
route is what you will have to do here.  There are other choices which
true spectral line observers sometimes do where the 2 IFs in one data
set overlap in frequency.  There is a program to handle that.

I assume that what you are actually doing is not true spectral line -
your individual channels are awfully wide.  So I do not know why you
want the channels individually anyway.  If you were doing continuum
imaging using the channels to avoid bandwidth smearing then normally
you want a full data set fully sampled - which you do not have.

So long as you want the image as a cube of 9 channels then you can
IMAGR them separately and put them back together with MCUBE before
display.  Note that the outer channels (in this case usually channel 1
or 7) are noisier than the others for reasons not well understood.