[daip] Re: please, help with aips installation

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 31 13:41:30 EST 2003

Vladimir Shoutenkov writes:

 > I have 31DEC01 aips version installed on my computer. I'd like to
 > keep it as "aips old" and to install 31DEC03 as "aips new" and "aips tst".
 > Earlier I just run ./INSTEP1 to do this. Now I can not find any explanations
 > how to do this neither in the INSTALL.PS file nor at aips web page.
 > Should I run install.pl for a newer version or update.pl? I tried to run
 > install.pl, but there was no question which aips version I'd like to have
 > as old, new and tst.
 >
 > Can you tell me what I have to do?

The web pages certainly do say to run install.pl in your case.  It
will not ask about versions and will change AIPSPATH.SH and
AIPSPATH.CSH so that all versions are 31DEC04 (or 31DEC03 depending on
which you are installing).  When install.pl finishes, you may edit
those two files in your $AIPS_ROOT to set OLD to 31DEC01.