[daip] AIPS for Mandrake 9.2

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 24 12:18:10 EST 2003

Denise Gabuzda writes:

 > I'm trying to get the 31Dec03 AIPS installed on a PC running
 > Mandrake 9.2. It can't get past INSTEP2. Do you have experience
 > getting AIPS running under this system, i.e., do you know if
 > there are known problems and how to deal with them?

So far as I know, aips installs on Mandrake systems but you have given
me no information with which to provide you a more meaningful answer.
A snippet of INSTEP2.LOG including all of one of the subroutines that
does not compile would be good.  One possibility - look closely at
~/.AIPSRC - it might include a reference in the CCOMOPT to a previous
version which might no longer be available.  That reference then
creeps into $SYSLOCAL/CCOPTS.SH and no C routine will compile.