[daip] CONVL1: PLNGET: MAP IS BLANKED AND I AM NOT ALLOWED TO HANDLE IT

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 15 12:01:28 EST 2003

Glenn Morrison writes:

 > CONVL1: PLNGET: MAP IS BLANKED AND I AM NOT ALLOWED TO HANDLE IT
 >

 > AIPS 1: Telescope=SIRTF              Receiver=MIPS
 > AIPS 1: Pixel type: FLOATING         Magic value blanking

             This does say that there are magic value blanks in the
image.  If you FFT magic values you get trash everywhere.

 > AIPS 1: RA---TAN  1142    10 46 13.248     571.50         -2.494    0.00
 > AIPS 1: DEC--TAN  2058    59 03 02.880    1029.50          2.495  -11.04

      CONVL may also have trouble with these dimensions although it
appears to be smart enough to do 2048x4096 FFTs.

 > >CONVL1: PLNGET: MAP IS BLANKED AND I AM NOT ALLOWED TO HANDLE IT

The message comes out when magic values are actually found.  You can
REMAG them to zero or some other value - but you should know why they
are there and where they are.  On the TV magic values stay black no
matter what transfer function you use.