[daip] MOVE gives EXPAND error (sometimes :})

Michael Rupen mrupen at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Dec 4 17:20:59 EST 2003

Dear DAIP,

  I've been running MOVE in 31DEC04 on verdi, i.e. not my laptop, to
move files from one userid to another.  This works spiffily, but I
occasionally (one out of 10 files?) get the mystic error:

> inp move
AIPS 1: MOVE:  Task to copy or move data from one user to another
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'S1746-33 876'          Input name(name).
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'CSPLIT'                Input name(class).
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input name(seq. #). 0=>high
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input disk drive #. 0=>any
AIPS 1: USERID     2746                    Output User ID.
AIPS 1: OUTNAME    '            '          Output name(name).
AIPS 1: OUTCLASS   '      '                Output name(class).
AIPS 1: OUTSEQ       -1                    Output name(seq. #).
AIPS 1:                                      0 => highest unique
AIPS 1:                                     -1 => use INSEQ
AIPS 1: OUTDISK       1                    Output image disk drive #
AIPS 1:                                      0 => highest with room
AIPS 1:                                      IGNORED on 'MOVE'
AIPS 1: OPCODE     'MOVE'                  'MOVE' move to other user
AIPS 1:                                       deleting login user's copy
AIPS 1:                                    else copy to other user

> go move
MOVE 1: Task MOVE   (release of 31DEC04) begins
MOVE 1: Moved UV file version   1
MOVE 1: Moved CB file version   1
MOVE 1: Moved FQ file version   1
MOVE 1: Moved HI file version   1
MOVE 1: Moved AN file version   1
MOVE 1: Moved WX file version   1
MOVE 1: MOVEed S1746-33 876.CSPLIT.    1  disk  1  user   11
MOVE 1: to     S1746-33 876.CSPLIT.    1  disk  1  user 2746
MOVE 1: ZEXPND: REQUEST, CLAIMED, ACTUAL      5      5      0 BLOCKS
MOVE 1: HIIO ON LUN, NREC     27     19 EXPAND ERROR      4
MOVE 1: Appears to have ended successfully
MOVE 1: verdi        31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

So far as I can tell this has no consequences -- the moved files look OK,
and there's nothing hanging about in the old area.  Any thoughts?

  Thanks --

            Michael