[daip] AIPS TV device

Miguel de Val Borro miguel at astro.su.se
Mon Dec 1 11:42:09 EST 2003

Thanks for the information.

We have replicated the AIPS installation in a read-only AFS
volume. For the $ARCH/MEMORY area we have created another
volume writable by the users. Is it safe to have it accesible
from all users' workstations? What can be a reasonable quota? 10MB?

I've been testing to have the writable areas DA00 and
DATA/SAERIMNER_1 accesible from workstations with different
architecture but there are problems. Now we have AIPS installed
in Solaris and Linux, should the writeable areas be independent
in both installations? Is it possible to have a common data
area?

Thank you in advance.
Miguel