[daip] Re: on-line FILLM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 29 10:55:03 EDT 2003

Joseph Lazio writes:

 > EG> I need to rebuild FIXXM to use the latest changes.  It may cause
 > EG> the current one to fail...
 >
 > I think it did.
 >
 > Also, I tried to start up an on-line FIXXM last night about 18:30
 > MDT.  I didn't get beyond starting up AIPS:
 >
 > Starting up 31DEC03 AIPS with normal priority
 > Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC03) at priority =   0
 > AIPS 1: You are NOT assigned a TV device or server
 > AIPS 1: You are NOT assigned a graphics device or server
 > AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
 > DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.006
 > ?2459
 > AIPS 1:                          31DEC03 AIPS:
 > AIPS 1:      Copyright (C) 1995-2003 Associated Universities, Inc.
 > AIPS 1:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
 > AIPS 1:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
 > AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
 > AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
 > AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
 > AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
 > AIPS 1: ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 27 NREC =       65
 > AIPS 1: ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 65537 THRU = 66560 BEYOND EOF = 65536
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZFI2   ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
 > AIPS 1: DISK PROBLEM   CODES:       3      0

This looks like your LASTEXIT file is truncated.  They are called
       SGDuuunnn.uuu;
where uuu is your user number in ehex and nnn is 0 for the directory
and typically 001 for LASTEXIT.  It should be 562176 bytes long.

Delete the file and start up again.  Use FIXXM (read NFILES in the
help file) - it can read yesterday's file (NFILES=-1) or todays's full
file (NFILES=0) which is what I think you want.  Today's file started
last night at 6 pm MDT.

Eric