[daip] aips help

Robert Braun rbraun at astron.nl
Tue Aug 26 11:24:25 EDT 2003

Hi Pat or DAIP,

I'm having some trouble adding a new host to our Aips installation,
although I've done this many times successfully in the past.

The new host runs Suse 8.2 which looks like the following:

dop53> uname -r
2.4.20-64GB-SMP
dop53>

while our MNJ host (and template machine for DA00 files) looks like:

jop03> uname -r
2.4.10-4GB
jop03>

Right after entering a user number one gets the following message:

ZLOCK: No locks available
AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE TSTMEM:MED000000;
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history *not* recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: DISK PROBLEM   CODES:       6      0

Although XAS and MsgServers pop up, there is no POPS to talk to.

I know that this new Linux version is much more security conscious, so all
sorts of things that used to work (like rlogin) no longer do.

We already have the DA00 areas of all machines locally placed rather than
centrally.

Any ideas????

Cheers,
Robert

Robert Braun                            |
NFRA                                    | E-mail:  "rbraun at astron.nl"
Postbus 2                               | Phone: (31)-521-595100
7990 AA Dwingeloo                       | Direct: (31)-521-595254
The Netherlands                         | FAX: (31)-521-597332