[daip] Trouble loading XAS server

Chun cly at U.Arizona.EDU
Mon Aug 25 11:37:12 EDT 2003

I've encountered a problem with loading up the XAS servers:

XAS: ***********************************
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: No pseudocolor visual - No suitable visual: No such file or directory
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on ursa, DISPLAY localhost:10.0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on ursa, DISPLAY localhost:10.0

When I used 'aips' to login, I did not get any windows opening. But when I
used 'aips tv=local:0', I had no problems at all.

I am running on a UNIX machine called: ursa.tuc.noao.edu
I have been able to get the XAS server running when I was on NRAO Socorro
machines

Thanks,
Chun Ly

Thanks,