[daip] FTP at ftp.aoc.nrao.edu

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 18 23:09:13 EDT 2003

Hi Charlie.  You wrote:

> I have been unable to use the anonymous login at
> ftp://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu/pub/software/aips/31DEC02/install.pl to
> retrieve the latest install.pl for the 31DEC02 version of AIPS or the
> patches.  The host logs me off immediately after I log in.  pleas
> email me the file and patches.

I just tested this from my ISP (firstva.com, nexet.net) where my IP
address was 216.174.1.144 and I was successfully able to get the
install.pl file and its md5sum (which checked out).  Can you tell us
(specifically, Stephan Witz <switz at nrao.edu> and myself) what IP address
you were using at the time?  We've had trouble in the form of an ongoing
DoS attack (denial of service) against one of our ftp servers over tha
past year+, and there are some IP ranges blocked (we had to put these
blossk in place in order to get the server functional again).

Most likely we can put in an exception for your IP range once we know
it.

				- Pat
--
   Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.              Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
   Home: http://goof.com/~pmurphy/       Work: http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/