[daip] Re: moving AIPS files

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 12 15:35:19 EDT 2003

Tomislav Markovic writes:

 > Sorry to bother you, but I am trying to move AIPS data from Frazer's
 > machine to mine (both lynux boxes) and am wondering if there is an AIPS
 > task that would allow me to do that. Or do I have to do it with tapes?

Several choices:

1. Start up AIPS on your machine
         aips da=pilabo
         ?34                  enter Frazer's number
         use the task MOVE to copy/move from his disk/number to your
         disk/number.  The adverb USER is used by things like mcat and
         ucat as well as the output user number in MOVE so you will
         need to keep changing it from 0 (Frazer) to you and back again

2. You may use FITS files on disk as an alternative - tasks FITTP,
   FITLD

I recommend the first choice.  What machine are you on - we may have
to allow Frazer's number on it....