[daip] Re: ltess,pbcor, problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 4 12:01:08 EDT 2003

I have changed the *TESS tasks (LTESS, STESS, UTESS, VTESS) to use the
PBPARM adverb and the standarad PBCALC subroutine used by everything
else in AIPS.  It will be available by mnj tomorrow.

I was not fully satisfied by what came out of the tests.  I took a
group of facets I had made for a single pointing, renamed them,
changed the pointing centers to match the ref coordinates, converted
the coordinates via OHGEO, converted them to 1.0, and multiplied by
the primary beam with PBCOR.  In the new LTESS and in FLATN the result
most mostly 1.0, but there were a variety of edge effects up around
0.97-1.15 which bothered me some.

Oh well - it is better now anyway.

Eric