[daip] Some TECOR questions

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Apr 9 19:04:33 EDT 2003

Hi Michael,

To answer more of your questions.  I use TECOR for phase
referencing all the time.  TECOR was important for phase
referencing because of the reasons you state, it helps
take out the phase changes with time.  Although it is not
perfect it will not "hurt" your data.  So  it is wise to
run it for all low freq. experiments (studies show that
up to 5GHz is about right).  As for the files, no there
is no wisdom on which to use, I would say the jplg and
codg are probably the best.

In order to convince yourself that TECOR is doing the right
thing, I would suggest doing imaging with and without TECOR,
I have found that TECOR helps significantly, i.e. there is
more flux in the target source and less flux scattered around
the field.

Amy