[daip] CVS .cvsignore

Joseph Lazio lazio at rsd.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Apr 4 09:13:11 EST 2003

Hi,

(Apologies if you receive this twice.  A recent "upgrade" to my system
meant that some email I thought I sent wasn't.)

I'm trying to use .cvsignore files to suppress CVS' urge to download
certain parts of the AIPS directory structure.  However, CVS seems to
be ignoring the .cvsignore files.  For instance,

-> cat /AIPS/31DEC03/.cvsignore
MACPPC
LINUXPPC
IBM
HP2
HP
DEC
AXLINUX
ALPHA
CVS
-> cat /AIPS/TEXT/.cvsignore
CVS
HTML
PUBL

yet running the MNJ results in these various directories being created
and being attempted to be filled.  I've also tried

-> cat /AIPS/.cvsignore
/AIPS/TEXT/PUBL
/AIPS/TEXT/HTML
/AIPS/31DEC*/ALPHA
/AIPS/31DEC*/AXLINUX
/AIPS/31DEC*/DEC
/AIPS/31DEC*/HP
/AIPS/31DEC*/HP2
/AIPS/31DEC*/IBM
/AIPS/31DEC*/LINUXPPC
/AIPS/31DEC*/SGI
/AIPS/31DEC*/SOL
/AIPS/31DEC*/SOL86
/AIPS/31DEC*/SUN4

but that doesn't appear to be respected either.

Suggestions?

-- Joe

--
T. Joseph W. Lazio, Ph.D.        voice: +1 202 404 6329
Remote Sensing Division          fax:   +1 202 404 8894
Naval Research Lab, Code 7213    Joseph.Lazio at nrl.navy.mil
Washington, DC 20375-5351 USA    http://rsd-www.nrl.navy.mil/7213/lazio/