[daip] Re: AIPS midnight job

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Sep 30 17:17:32 EDT 2002

Hiroshi IMAI writes:

 > I found an error in the MNJ and got error messages saved in
 > the file "UPD20020927.153040.DOC" as follows.
 >
 > ---------------
 > UPDCVS - cvs update of 31DEC02 had abnormal completion
 > AIPSUPD - COMLNK /aips/31DEC02/Q/PGM/NOTST/BPASS.FOR
 > AIPSUPD - failed!

 > /aips/31DEC02/LINUX/PREP/BPASS.f: In subroutine `basolv':
 > /aips/31DEC02/LINUX/PREP/BPASS.f:6191:
 >    <<<<<<< BPASS.FOR
 >    ^
 > Invalid first character at (^) [info -f g77 M LEX]
 > /aips/31DEC02/LINUX/PREP/BPASS.f:6196:
 >    =======
 >    ^
 > Invalid first character at (^) [info -f g77 M LEX]
 > /aips/31DEC02/LINUX/PREP/BPASS.f:6201:
 >    >>>>>>> 1.6
 >    ^
 > Invalid first character at (^) [info -f g77 M LEX]
 > FC        : Compile of /aips/31DEC02/LINUX/PREP/BPASS.f
 > FC        : ends with fatal error(s)!
 > ----------------

Someone at Jive must have modified $QPGNOT/BPASS.FOR.  The CVS system
then makes a "merged" version at your site - and as usual the merged
version does not compile properly --- it adds the >>>> characters to
show the merger.  The simplest fix is to delete (or move/rename) the
$QPGNOT/BPASS.FOR file and run the MNJ tomorrow morning.  The file
will be replaced.

CVS simply will not allow your version of files to differ from ours -
local Jive versions must go in some sort of local directory.

BTW - I believe Chris Phillips made this change to debug the correct
shifts for the Jive correlator and that our current version of BPASS
contains his corrections.

 > Only BPASS.EXE seems to not be updated correctly.

 > In addition, the MNJ does not work correctly in the second archtecture.
 > We have LINUX and Solaris machines. I performed the MNJ for LINUX at first,
 > then Solaris. But execusion files have not been updated in
 > /aips/31DEC02/SUL/LOAD. I am updating AIPS for Solaris manually.
 > Cannot the MNJ work well for two architechtures in the same date?
 > Here I found that FILLM and BPASS were not updated.

I am afraid that I am uncertain what you mean here.  When you run the
MNJ on the Solaris machine, do files like $HIST/CHANGE.DOC get
updated?  Is the only failure a failure of COMLNK?  I will need to see
the error messages.  I suspect that the BPASS problem is the same but
I cannot think why there would be a local Jive version of FILLM.