[daip] forwarded message from Daniel Lebach

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Sep 24 15:21:11 EDT 2002

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Daniel Lebach <dlebach at cfa.harvard.edu>
To: egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Subject: Re: [daip] possible errors in CLCOR parallactic angle corrections (OPCOD 'PANG')
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:01:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Eric,

The experiment from which the data in the postcript plots of my last
e-mail came is BR071D, obs. on 21 Dec. 2001.  (I hope you saw those
plots.)

Let me emphasize that the discrepancy between RCP and LCP phases
becomes highly noticeable only when an observed source is passing
very nearly overhead, i.e., near 90 degrees elevation.  Further, the
problem might occur only when the antenna must slew between different
sources at these high elevations (and hence spin a lot in azimuth);
that is the only circumstance under which I have had high-elevation
data to assess the problem.

Good luck.

Dan